Wednesday 3 August 2011

Low Maintenance Hair

Hey again, hope you're all well :)
I thought I'd just do a quick summary of how I'm styling my hair lately (or not styling) and to mention  that I'm back to my natural blonde colour.
For the last few months I've been going through hair colour like crazy. After Christmas I went back to red, then went blonder again, then red, then dark brunette and back to blonde. I'm not going to lie by saying getting hair from red to blonde is easy because it wasn't, and my hair has been suffering. So I have now come to the conclusion that I can't use heat on my hair for a while and that I'm going to baby it back to life. So at the moment I'm only using Kerastase Elixir Ultime oleo complexe which is a complex of four oils, Pracaxi, Argan, Maize and Camellia oils which all nourish hair. Great news is it doesn't weigh my fine hair down at all, or make it look greasy, just soft and shiny, and it feels protected. I apply it to towel dried hair, but you can also use it as a pre-wash or use it for finishing.  You can buy it here Feel Unique and here Look Fantastic both have free postage too.
After applying Elixir I leave my hair to dry naturally a little, then pop some Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine in through the lengths and tie into a loose chignon until dry.
I then brush through and I have undone, natural waves. Easy peasy, with no heat. When I first bought BB Brilliantine I really wasn't sure how to use it, and it didn't really fit into how I was styling my hair at the time but now I think it is a god send :)  Hair looks nicely texturised, with a little hold and shine. It comes in a small 50ml tube which isn't much, but this product really does go a long way, only a little bit is needed. It also compliments the Elixir perfectly, for my hair anyway :) You can buy BB Brilliantine Here.

Messy hair to the Left ;)

Thank you for reading.
Much love
Christina XxX



1 comment:

  1. Wow, i didnt realise it was possible to colour your hair so made shades in such a short space of time! But your hair looks great in that picture!

    Im too much of a wimp to colour my hair! SO good on you!

    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I'll reply as soon as I see it :D xxx