Sunday 25 March 2012

Guerlain Cruel Gardenia and Guerlain Météorites Compact Teint Powder Compact

 This is how rubbish I am at blogging lately, I bought these two beauties way back at the beginning of February and I'm only blogging about them now. Yeah, I suck!
To treat myself back in Feb I bought these two, I couldn't resist.
I'm not really a highlighter wearer but Guerlain's Cruel Gardenia looked so pretty in magazines that when I saw it I knew it would be mine :)
Me being me I couldn't resist buying myself The Meteorites compact :)
So here's some pics.

 As you can see the packing is so pretty =) Looking at it you'd think they'd be heavy cases, but they're not, they're both pretty light. They do feel a good sturdy light, if that makes sense?!
The only thing I'm not keen on with the Cruel Gardenia packaging is the twist off top, I always feel as though I'm going to knock the lovely flower patten as I take it off, so I'm always extra careful.
 So here is Cruel Gardenia in all it's glory.
As you can see from the swatch it's a beautiful, glowy light pink and I wouldn't say it was frosty at all, just glowy.
I can imagine that this highlighter might be a little too light for some skin tones, but I might be wrong.
It was pretty pricy at around £40 (sorry I can't quite remember how much it was now), I'd never usually pay so much for a highlighter, but it's so pretty I couldn't help it. I guess it was a one off.



 Next onto Guerlain Meteorites powder compact, it comes in 3shades 01Rose, 02Beige and 03Dore.
I bought it in Rose as I'm pretty fair skinned and I have a pink base.
I use this to set makeup or for touch ups during the day. It provides a light, barely there semi matte finish, but still radiant at the same time. 
It also smells like those little violet sweets that use to be sold in pharmacies back in the day, and for some reason the smell makes me feel calm which is just what I need when I feel stressed out as hell.
You can buy it at Debenhams for £34, it's a pretty steep price for a pressed powder, but it's just so pretty and light and it makes touching up feel glamorous :)




  Guerlain Meteorites in 01Rose swatch.








Thank you for reading x

1 comment:

  1. The Cruel Gardenia highlighter is stunning!! I love guerlain <3

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I'll reply as soon as I see it :D xxx