Wednesday 10 October 2012

Alterna Bamboo Kendi Oil

Hi everyone, I'd like to share my review on Alterna's Bamboo Kendi Treatment oil.
I bought this a couple of months ago from the Gorgeous Shop website, my hair at the time was very dry, over coloured and in need of a trim (which it had now had) and after reading comments about this product on various sites I decided I would give it a go.


Ok to the review.

Claims: Alterna say's 'Cultivate stronger, smoother, healthier hair. Instantly absorbing Kendi Oil with strengthening Organic Bamboo banishes frizz, imparts intense shine & protects color while providing vital nutrients. Best for use on medium to thick hair.'

Who's it for: As the claims above Alterna says it's best suited to medium to thick hair. I do have fine hair but lots of it, and it's curly and wavy in parts :s My hair has a split personality.

Texture: I find the texture quite runny, and not particularly thick or greasy, so it does absorb easily into hair without leaving any residue on your strands.

Scent: Delicate, sweet scent.

How to use: Taken from back of bottle Alterna says;
' As a styling aid, apply a small amount throughout damp hair and style as usual. 
As an oil treatment, 1-2 times per week apply liberally to dry hair, leave for 10 minutes and wash as usual'.

Packaging: Ok to the packaging, it's not at all like your pump bottle oils, this one actually had a little dropper (see below). Which for me being clumsy can be a bit fiddly and it creates more work, so that's one of the points I really dislike about it.



Price: I paid £15.80 at GorgeousShop which I think for the amount of product you receive (50ml) is quite a steep price, but it is Alterna you're buying.

Product size/ amount: 50ml

Pros:
 Eco-certified ingredients, Grown responsibly and Traded Ethically.
Free of: Parbens, Phthalates, Synthetic Colour, Mineral Oill & Petrolatum. 
Absorbing.
Light.

Cons: 
Quite Expensive for the amount.
Hard to find.
Contains Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone (silicones).

Would I buy again:
I'd like to say I would, but I probably won't be buying again sadly. 
This is due to price, the oil being too light for my hair and I can't say I noticed a huge difference in my hair. I also had to use a lot of product each time to tame my tresses.
I really did want this product to work for me, all I can say is it's not bad and may work for some, but for me it wasn't moisturising enough.

I hope you find this post useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I'll reply as soon as I see it :D xxx