Sunday 7 October 2012

Little Treats

Hello everyone, I hope you're all great :) 
Sorry I'm always quiet with the blogging, I have lately stopped buying as much makeup as I use to, I think I use to buy too much makeup and never use it and so it was a waste of money and I felt guilty. So lately I have been making sure to pick products that I know I'm going to use. Also with life being crazy with too much to do I find myself too tired to blog sometimes. I will try to blog more though, even if they're just short posts.
Anyway today I treated myself to a few little bits and bobs, and I'd like to share what I bought with you.

So with further ado here are some pictures.


I have been eyeing a Ted Baker makeup bag that I'd seen in Boots for a few weeks, and today I bought it :D Yippe.
I've been looking for a makeup bag that's pretty, with a luxury feel, not too big yet big enough and something that reflects me a little, so the wild birds are perfect :) I love wild birds.
It can be bought here Boots

A compact cute bag



I love that the inside has clear compartments, so not so much rummaging around in the mornings, stressing where things are.




And of course I love the bird prints, they are gorgeous :)


On to TKMaxx I found this little frown pen for only £4.99, it was an impulse buy due to me looking in the mirror and seeing more bloody laughter lines, the buggers. 
It claims to target wrinkles, crows feet and laugh lines with ingredients such as amino acids, purslane  and centella.
I don't know if it will work for me but we'll see how it goes, I just checked some reviews on the Boots website and the reviews weren't glowing. 




Next is Garnier's Olia permanent hair colour. Which is said to be ammonia free and 60% oils. 
I have refrained from dying my hair so often and have been trying to go back to my natural colour ( dark/medium mousy blonde), however after dying my hair red for years a red tinge still comes through so I use ash and beige tones now and then to tone the red down.

This colour was purchased from Superdrug for £5.99 however usually sells for £6.99.





I have to admit I dyed my hair the next day after buying. 
The application process was slightly different to other dyes as the applicator container didn't contain the developer, as the developer comes in a tube otherwise it's the same process as usual. The applicator bottle was quite funky, reminded me of something sixties with it's black nozzle and curvy bottle, I'm sorry I didn't take pictures.

In all the dye while on my head didn't irritate my sensitive scalp, there was hardly any to no smell, only a light fragrance which was pleasant and not at all overpowering or sickly.
The dye washed out reasonably easily and the post dye conditioner was quite nice.
If the colour is long lasting and doesn't washout within a week or two I will certainly buy again, as the colour is spot on and my hair is soft and doesn't feel like it's been coloured.




I don't think I know anyone that doesn't enjoy a nice, hot, long, relaxing bath at the end of a hard day, though I could be wrong.

I received my usual Lush catalogue in the post the other day and soon noticed Twilight.
 It caught my attention as it is a mixture of lavender, benzoin and ylang ylang which are some of my favourite scents. 

Twilight is quite a gentle, calming, soothing scent that is also creamy (thanks to the benzoin). It also contains silver luster.
I just wish it wasn't limited edition for Halloween :(





Sorry for the rubbish unfocused picture above, you can see what the product is though. Just! 



This is my first BareMinerals product :D I so can't wait to try it.
I have started to come to the end of my Dior forever foundation :( and thought a change would be a good thing.
As you can see I went for Fairly Medium c20 as I have pink undertones.
I shall come back to this product when I have played around and applied it :)

Thanks for reading.
Christina x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I'll reply as soon as I see it :D xxx